Our new baby was born on July 17. We had decided to let the gender be a surprise, so when we were in the operating room, the nurses had Brad stand up when the baby was born so he could be the one to tell me if we were having a boy or a girl. He was so pleased to be able to tell me we had a baby boy, because that's what he had predicted. We're so excited that Johnny and Bela have a new baby brother.

Me in all of my pregnant glory before the epidural

Brad in his cool outfit before the surgery

Me trying to focus on the excitement of meeting the baby instead of the surgery

Brad thought it was funny I wanted to keep my glasses on during the surgery, but I told him I wanted to be able to actually see the baby once he arrived.

He's so precious!

Just like Johnny, Asher had to spend some time in the NICU as well. The nurses wheeled me in on the hospital bed to see the baby again before they took me down to our room. I had a more difficult recovery after the surgery with Johnny, so I didn't even get to see him in the NICU until quite a while after he was born, so it was really nice being able to see Asher again without even having to get out of bed.

We came back in the middle of the night once I could get out of bed and into a wheelchair. By this time, he was doing better but they still needed to monitor him before he could be sent down to the well-baby nursery.

Asher was able to be released from the NICU and sent down the next day so he could meet his big brother and sister. A new family photo with all 3 kids!! I can't even believe it.
1 comment:
I'm getting emotional looking at all these! You are such a wonderful Mommy! Miss you lots!! Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment