Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Family Fun

Yesterday for Family Night, we headed to campus to visit the Monte L. Bean Museum.
Johnny loves elephants and lions, but I think he was a little shocked by how huge they actually are
In his defense they do really look like they could come to life at any second. Can't you just hear this lion growling as it's getting ready to pounce on you?
Brad with his friend the rhinocerous. I love the ostrich next to the elephant.
Glad to see Shasta the liger again
Hello there Mr. Giraffe
I was slightly nervous Johnny would be freaked out by all the animals in such a small space, but he did great

I sure wouldn't want to run into this hippo
We came to see the reptile show, and Johnny was pretty excited that they brought around a few live ones for everyone to touch
The cute little lizard
It's a little blurry, but Johnny is touching the live tortoise
He even thought the snake was pretty cool.

Of course baby sister slept through the whole thing

We had such a great time and can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Brad said...

I'm pretty sure that Shasta was the inspiration for all of the liger dialogue in Napoleon Dynamite. Just speculation, but it seems reasonable.