Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sleepy Time

When I pick up Johnny and tell him it's time to go night-night, he looks me right in the eye and says, "No nap," and shakes his head. He kicks his legs and wiggles his body as I lay him down in his crib. I hand him his soft blanket and whatever toy he loves the most that day (today was his baseball mitt), and give him a kiss. He looks up at me and says, "Mom hand," and holds me tight, and asks me to sing to him. Every little develish thing he does fades from my memory as I look down and see his sweet smiling face. After a song or two I say good-night and leave his room, feeling so lucky to be his mom.

2 comments:

Sara said...

so sweet!

The Cunninghams said...

Oh man, I already feel that way when I put Noah down. I bet it only gets more intense when they can talk!