Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday 6.23.10

We flew into Seattle Tuesday night excited for our adventure. Fran was nice enough to pick us up, and Johnny was thrilled beyond belief to be riding in Emma's truck. After playing with cousins at my parents' house, we all went to bed for some much needed rest.

The next day we headed out to Seattle to the Ballard Locks. I haven't been since I was little, and I was really excited for Brad to be able to see them in person. He is an engineer after all. Thankfully my mom has a stroller at her house, it is not exactly somewhere I'd feel safe having Johnny just run around.

The locks starting to open

The water is now level so the ships can pass through

The engineers who designed the locks also designed a fish ladder for the salmon. Johnny loved the little observation windows down below where he could see tons of fish

Just hanging out

No comments: